ARMY FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION POLICY for both REGULAR AND RESERVE PERSONNEL
The Army FA are here to ensure participants, team members, volunteers, coaches, referees, office-bearers of all backgrounds and characteristics can be involved in grassroots football in an atmosphere of fairness and respect. Our policy is underpinned by the Army’s Values and Standards of courage, discipline, respect for others, integrity, loyalty and selfless commitment.
Army FA will ensure that:
- Everybody has an equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, sex, gender identity, disability, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity status, religion, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
- There is a zero tolerance of unacceptable behaviour so that everyone participates in a positive environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy football without the threat of discrimination, intimidation, victimisation, harassment or abuse.
The Army FA will all work together on our inclusion priorities over the coming years. These are underpinned by three principles of change:
- Ensure governance and leadership is diverse and moder
- Remove any obstacles to access and progression in coaching, talent development or personal development pathways
- Enshrine equality, diversity and inclusion in our day-to-day operations
In order to make a difference The Army FA, will strive to provide you with a sporting environment free from unacceptable behaviours (particularly towards officials), where you are treated with dignity, respect and kindness. An environment where your ability, your skill and above all your contributions are valued and celebrated. An environment where diversity in all its forms (race, sexuality, gender, belief) is actively welcomed. And an environment where we know that these behaviours and this welcoming, respectful culture will ultimately enhance and strengthen the game and so we invest in it wholeheartedly.
Brigadier Niall Stokoe, Army FA Chair Diversity and Inclusion statement can be found on P10 of The Army FA magazine
Army FA Soldiers Game Review 2021- Edition 20